Where does Global Acts of Unity present?
GAU visits all sorts of organisations, but students at schools, PRUs, colleges and universities are our core audience. Our presentation has been seen by tens of thousands of students all over the country.
What is the presentation about?
The GAU talk lasts one hour. This includes a 35-minute presentation, followed by a short film and a Question and Answer session. The presentation tells of the murder of Mike’s brother David, at the hands of ISIS whilst he was working as a humanitarian worker in Syria.
GAU’s aim is to help steer our youth away from words or actions of hate. GAU seeks to empower our youth to see that hate is a choice and they have the power to reject hate and choose a better path.
Please do not give the students prior knowledge of a GAU visit or what we are talking about. The impact is much more effective if students do not know what they are going to hear about.
What does it cost?
There are two options that you can choose from:
- We can enter your organisation into the GAU school tours database and when we come to
your area you will be prioritised for placement. This does not incur any cost to your school, it
- We can do a one-off visit to your organisation to come and do as many presentations
(maximum two a day) as you require. This incurs a cost as it is not covered by GAU funding.
What is the preferred audience size?
Mike will present to one person or to hundreds. The most common type of audience is year groupings, so the average audience size is about 250.
What does GAU need from you?
- A space large enough to hold the audience you have in mind.
- A laptop, projector and screen to show the film and PowerPoint, which we bring on a USB.
- A lectern for Mike to stand at and a chair beside the lectern.
- A table to lay out the free GAU merchandise for the students.